- » Focus and Scope
- » Section Policies
- » Peer Review Process
- » Open Access Policy
- » Legal Deposit
- » (APC) Article Processing Charges
- » Publication Frequency
- » Indexing and abstracting
- » Information for Authors
- » Information for Librarians
Focus and Scope
CROMOHS is a peer-reviewed and open-access electronic journal, with twenty-year history and a respectable reputation for scholarly rigour. Under our new direction, the Advisory and Editorial Boards have been completely replaced and the journal will adopt a new format with monographic sections on challenging and fresh topics in intellectual and cultural history. The aim is to promote methodological debates at international level arising from original and creative dialogue between scholarly traditions, as well as innovative archival inquiries. As usual, each issue will also include a section for critical discussions and book reviews.
Contributions to Cromohs are welcome.
- open access to contribution (authors retain copyright)
- peer-review by internationl experts
- wide dissemination of published contributions both in the national and international area, with the help of specific tools
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Reviews and Critical Notes
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
- According to the procedures employed to select articles for publication in CROMOHS, no manuscript can be accepted until it has been appraised by the Editors and sent to at least two reviewers. This will occur no later than three weeks after the deadline for the call for papers. The Editors’ decision as to whether or not to publish the manuscript is influenced considerably by the comments of the reviewers, who are all experts in their respective fields.
- The review process is double-blind. Only the Editors know the identity of the author and the reviewers. In order to maximize objectivity and ensure that the manuscript is judged solely on the basis of its content and contribution to the field, the author’s name and credentials are removed before the manuscript is sent to the reviewers.
- The reviewers are requested to evaluate the manuscript within six weeks. If it is recommended for publication, but alterations or corrections are needed, the author is expected to submit a revised version within three weeks.
- The Editors have the final word on whether an article is accepted or rejected.
Open Access Policy
Cromohs promotes the free flow of information and ideas through open access to its contents. This is a core value of the journal.
CROMOHS is committed to immediate open access to all its content. All CROMOHS articles and reviews are free to access immediately from the date of publication.
CROMOHS is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0. With the licence CC-BY, authors retain the copyright, allowing anyone to download, reuse, re-print, modify, distribute and/or copy the final version of the papers, on condition that appropriate credit is given to the author and that CROMOHS is mentioned as its first venue of publication.
It is not necessary to ask further permissions both to author(s) or journal board, although you are kindly requested to inform the Journal Board for every reuse of the papers.
Publisher copyright policies & self-archiving (by RoMEO/SHERPA)
Firenze University Press is experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service
(APC) Article Processing Charges
There are no pre-publication author charges (commonly known as APCs) or article submission charges (ASC), and any reader can download articles and reviews free of charge, at any time and in perpetuity.
Cromohs is published one time per year
Indexing and abstracting
Cromohs is indexed by:
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine) (through DOAJ)
- Historical abstracts
- SCIRUS (Elsevier)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SCIVERSE (Elsevier)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek EZB (Electronic Journals Library)
- Google Scholar
Information for Authors
Before publication, after the acceptance of the manuscript, authors have to sign a Publication Agreement with Cromohs
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines
Information for Librarians
We encourage research librarians to list this journal among their library's electronic journal holdings. As well, it may be worth noting that this journal's open source publishing system is suitable for libraries to host for their faculty members to use with journals they are involved in editing (see Open Journal Systems).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.