The Electrical Institute at the Podere della Cappella

Simone Bianchi

Abstract


In 1884 Antonio Ròiti, a physics professor at the Institute of Higher Education of Florence (Istituto di Studi Superiori di Firenze, forerunner of the University of Florence), proposed the foundation of an Institute of Electrical Measurements in the Podere della Cappella, a public land adjoining the Arcetri Observatory. The project come to nothing, but it may have suggested the use of the same land for the Physics Institute which was later realized by Roiti’s successor, Antonio Garbasso.

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.13128/Colle_Galileo-22218



Firenze University Press
Borgo Albizi, 28 - 50122 Firenze
Tel. (0039) 055 2757700 Fax (0039) 055 2757712
E-mail: journals@fupress.com